Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Beginnings Sunday


Lynda Thompson's tale of Catie, the kitty that loves to sing along with water:

I got Catie from our vet in Texas when she was a little kitten. I had told our vet to call me when someone dropped off a litter that wasn't wanted at his office. This kitten was the runt of a litter and she didn't look very good health-wise. She was white and a long hair and I had hoped for a Maine Coon. The vet wasn't sure what she was.

We took care of her and our son trained her with tricks he had seen on the Russian cat circus on TV. She's a very smart cat, a little too smart at times with her antics. She was a good cat but had a double personality, she could turn on you in a second. After our older Maine Coon died, she was in her own element and has been very loving. It turns out she is an unusual white Maine Coon. She loves to hear water (dishwasher, shower, etc.) and she will sit and sing a high melodious song, sometimes chasing her tail. That's the only time we hear her at all (she doesn't meow) and the only time she chases her tail. She loves to play. She hates to go anywhere so she hates the vet.


She is a lot of fun. She has an uncanny ability to know when I'm not feeling well and comes to see me and get in my lap. One time she came running at me and jumped in my lap and I later had an episode with my health. It was like she knew something was wrong with me.




New Beginnings Sunday is a weekly series featuring the story of a rescued pet and the ways in which the life of the animal and person has changed. This series will run through the end of 2009 in conjunction with Breaking Traditions Art Quilt Exhibit’s fundraising efforts for Bernie Berlin’s animal shelter, “A Place to Bark.”

**If you have a story that you would like to share, please email it along with a picture or two of your pet to BreakingTraditions@earthlink.net

1 comment:

Susan C said...

Interesting thoughts.